We are looking for a motivated, hard-working and social research assistant with an interest in agriculture. You will have the opportunity to directly impact the lives of around 260,000 Myanmar maize farmer households – over 1,000,000 people.
You will be responsible for the collection of data, mostly from smallholder farmers but also from other stakeholders such as shop owners, extension workers and market buyers. A large part of your activities will consist of being on the phone calling people to collect data. You will be based in Yangon, Myanmar with possible travel to the beautiful Southern Shan State. You will have the opportunity to go into the field to directly interact with the farmers.
This is not a 9 to 5 job; this is not going to be easy. If you are up for high risk, high return, lots of headache and a tremendous learning experience, join us!
- Collecting data through phone interviews
- Collecting data through digital surveys
- Collecting data in field interviews
- Compiling data in a structured way
- Creating reports in Microsoft Office
- Based in Yangon, Myanmar with possible travel to rural areas
- Minimum of 1 year relevant working experience
- Strong ICT skills (e.g. mobile apps, Microsoft Office)
- Myanmar and English language skills
- Highly motivated to quickly learn and pick up new skills
- Team player
- Initiative and solution focused
WHY JOIN US?
- Positively impact the lives of hundreds of millions of people globally in the coming years
- Learn fast from a talented and driven group of local and international people
- Enjoy a steep career path with regular promotions and international opportunities
Impact Terra is a fast growing agricultural, financial and big-data technology social enterprise. We offer free digital services to smallholder farmers and agricultural/financial stakeholders through our Golden Paddy platform. Please refer to www.impactterra.com for more info.
Our vision: leverage connectivity to enable small holder farmers to become more knowledgeable and independent
Our mission: support farmers and their households in improving their livelihoods and make food supply more secure and safe
Resume and motivation letter can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without motivation letters will not be accepted.