Online Marketing Manager
WANTED: Online Marketing Manager that can bring the Golden Paddy platform from reaching 2 million farmers, to 10 million farmers at the end of 2017, and 100 million farmers at the end of 2018!
Are you looking for a life-changing challenge? Do you want to work in an international start-up with an experienced team (Rocket Internet) that already has built multiple companies around the world? Then we have something for you!
We are looking for a motivated, hard-working, strategic minded, and creative Online Marketing Manager.
Are you familiar with the online mobile marketing world as it is today? Can you look into the minds of a rural population to identify their needs? Do you know how to handle social media and are you able to convert relevant content into measurable results? Then you are the one we are looking for!
The Online Marketing Manager will be responsible for the online user growth of our Golden Paddy platform that is focussed on farmer families worldwide. You will initially focus on Myanmar and HQ operations and will directly report to the Founder & CEO in order to become a crucial part of the management team.
The Online Marketing Manager will be heavily involved in, or even leading the expansion of Golden Paddy into new online markets worldwide. Therefore he or she needs to be entrepreneurial minded when it comes to the development of new online marketing tools, and be creative in knowing what content will guide to new Golden Paddy users globally.
The Online Marketing Manager position is based in Yangon, Myanmar with regular travel within Myanmar, and potentially within South-East Asia.
Online Marketing Team
o Closely manage and monitor your online marketing team
o Become a respected leader that coordinates, inspires, and drives your team towards ambitious goals
Online User Growth
o Measure and optimise content on different channels (Facebook, Viber, WeChat) that converts into new users
o Run and constantly optimise marketing campaigns together with your team
o Report weekly statistical and numerical data that clarifies your performance
o Explore chat-app (Viber, WeChat, Beetalk, Line) opportunities that are able to generate new users
o Strike partnerships with mobile network operators (MNOs), peers and other relevant partners
o Exploit other potential online marketing tools that lead to new users
Online User Management
o Keep track of user comments, messages, and user reviews through various channels
o Measure and adapt your conversion strategy using numerous insights and statistics
o Align your strategy with our User Insight Program, the program that focusses on the Golden Paddy user
HARD SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3 to 5 years working experience in the field of online marketing within Myanmar and/or other SEA Countries
- Academic degree in marketing, economics, entrepreneurship, or any other related field
- Strong knowledge of online marketing tools and statistics
- Able to use Adobe Photoshop, and/or Adobe Illustrator
- Able to edit video content
- Affinity with Social Media, Chat apps, Google Analytics, and Playstore
- Fluent in English language
- Knowledge of the Myanmar Language is a plus
- Leadership skills that encourage creativity
- Strong entrepreneurial drive and can-do mentality
- Creative mind that is able to generate innovative ideas under stressful situations.
- Able to project oneself in the mind of your audience
- Intrinsic drive to get things done
- To the point and clear in communications
- A real team player
WHY JOIN US?
- Be the key player in growing the largest user base in Myanmar and the rest of South East Asia
- Positively impact the lives of hundreds of millions of people globally in the next years
- Be part of the development and deployment of state-of-the-art technologies and (business) models
- Participate in the worlds' fastest and most impactful venture
Impact Terra is a fast growing agricultural, financial and big-data technology company focused on social impact. We believe social impact and financial return are two requirements for sustainability.
The world needs more and better food. A growing population, changing climate and low productivity of small-holder farmers are reasons for serious concern. Small-holder farmers are responsible for the largest share of global agricultural production. There are an estimated 900 million smallholder farmers globally, of whom 350 million live in Southeast Asia, and around 30 million in Myanmar. In most developing markets agriculture contributes significantly to the economy while still being extremely inefficient. Supporting small-holders will lead to significant improvements to food production, the livelihoods of hundreds of millions of people and the economies of developing markets.
We use smartphones and our proprietary digital platform Golden Paddy to support millions of farmers, retailers, and other users in their daily business and information requirements. As Myanmar leapfrogged from no to full connectivity and nearly 100% smartphone use within 2.5 years, we believe the infrastructure is now available to deliver a solution. Global trends such as increasing food demand, decreasing food production/yields and fast increasing smartphone connectivity make our model one for the future and one for significant impact.
Our vision: leverage connectivity to enable small holder farmers to become more knowledgeable and independent
Our mission: support farmers and their households in improving their livelihoods and make food supply more secure and safe
Our FREE Golden Paddy digital platform consists of several channels, ranging from an Android app, mobile website and mobile data tools to a very popular Facebook page. The Golden Paddy platform was launched mid-December 2016 and has grown within 5 months to a reach of more than 2 million farmers per month and users in more than 95% of all townships in Myanmar. We are now expanding our services, service levels and userbase across Myanmar and are soon launching the first wave of new markets in South-East Asia and subsequently in South Asia, East Africa and South America.
The Golden Paddy platform provides farmers with services across the following themes
- § Access to Knowledge: provides the latest, best and most specific knowledge and advice globally available for every crop, location and soil type
- § Access to Markets: provides market transparency around prices, buyers/sellers, volumes and mobile transaction and payment options
- § Access to Finance: provides transparency on financing and insurance options and mobile quotation, booking and transactions of financial products
The Golden Paddy platform provides partners and clients with services such as
- § Access to small-holder farmers’ households – including popup notifications/messages, advertisements, information/advice dissemination
- § Big-data, reports and insights – from user, usage, market, farming to earth observation data insights
- § Transactions & payments – facilitation of transactions, bookings and payments through the platform
The Golden Paddy platform provides specific and targeted content and advice to each of its users. Impact Terra’s non-profit, knowledge institute, government and other partners contribute their content and knowledge to the platform. The platform is independent and provides objective and exhaustive information and advice to its users.
Golden Paddy’s clients consist of the world’s leading agribusinesses, market research agencies, advertisement agencies, financial institutions, non-profits and government institutes.
We are defined by diverse personalities with different backgrounds, driven by a passion for connecting farmers through technology. We are from Myanmar. We have a great understanding of the culture and know exactly what these farmers need. We are from the Netherlands. We bring expertise, structure, and a network into Myanmar.
We have in-depth knowledge in setting up online ventures, we studied at agricultural and technological universities, we grew up in farming families, we are open-minded, and we want to achieve impact.
We work hard! We work as buddies, so we can learn every minute from each other. We're flexible, open and adaptive; to each other, to farmers and to our partners to create the synergy we need to realize change. We are Impact Terra.
Resume, transcripts of University grades and motivation letter can be send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without motivation letters will not be accepted.
For more information see www.impactterra.com.