Junior Social Media Executive
Can you handle a Facebook Page with more than 240.000 farmers that is expected to have 2 million "Likes" at the end of the year? Are you able to create content that converts farmers and their families into constant active Golden Paddy users? Then you are the one we are looking for!
We are looking for a motivated, hard-working, and creative Junior Social Media Executive.
The Junior Social Media Executive will be responsible for the online user growth of our Golden Paddy platform using mostly Facebook. To do that, you need to create daily content that is interesting and engaging for farmers and their families. You will be a crucial part of the Marketing Team of Impact Terra.
The Junior Social Media Executive position is based in Yangon, Myanmar with regular travel within Myanmar, and potentially within South-East Asia.
Facebook Page Management & Content Creation
o Manage our Facebook Page Golden Paddy - Shwe Thee Nhan with more than 240.000 farmers
o Create new daily content that engages and converts!
o Activate potential other social media channels interesting for the conversion of new Golden Paddy users
Online User Management
o Keep track of user comments, messages, and user reviews through various channels
o Align your findings with the rest of the team in a structured way
HARD SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 1 year working experience within the field of Social Media
- Extensive knowledge of the statistics behind Facebook
- Able to use Adobe Photoshop, and/or Adobe Illustrator is a big plus
- Able to edit video content is a plus
- Affinity with Social Media, Chat apps, Google Analytics, and Playstore
- Fluent Myanmar speaking and writing skills
- Good English conversation skills
- Creative mind that is able to generate innovative ideas under stressful situations.
- A real team player
- Able to project oneself in the mind of your audience
- To the point and clear in communication
WHY JOIN US?
- Be the key player in growing the largest user base in Myanmar and the rest of South East Asia
- Positively impact the lives of hundreds of millions of people globally in the next years
- Be part of the development and deployment of state-of-the-art technologies and (business) models
- Participate in the worlds' fastest and most impactful venture
Impact Terra is a fast growing agricultural, financial and big-data technology company focused on social impact. We believe social impact and financial return are two requirements for sustainability.
The world needs more and better food. A growing population, changing climate and low productivity of small-holder farmers are reasons for serious concern. Small-holder farmers are responsible for the largest share of global agricultural production. There are an estimated 900 million smallholder farmers globally, of whom 350 million live in Southeast Asia, and around 30 million in Myanmar. In most developing markets agriculture contributes significantly to the economy while still being extremely inefficient. Supporting small-holders will lead to significant improvements to food production, the livelihoods of hundreds of millions of people and the economies of developing markets.
We use smartphones and our proprietary digital platform Golden Paddy to support millions of farmers, retailers, and other users in their daily business and information requirements. As Myanmar leapfrogged from no to full connectivity and nearly 100% smartphone use within 2.5 years, we believe the infrastructure is now available to deliver a solution. Global trends such as increasing food demand, decreasing food production/yields and fast increasing smartphone connectivity make our model one for the future and one for significant impact.
Our vision: leverage connectivity to enable small holder farmers to become more knowledgeable and independent
Our mission: support farmers and their households in improving their livelihoods and make food supply more secure and safe
Our FREE Golden Paddy digital platform consists of several channels, ranging from an Android app, mobile website and mobile data tools to a very popular Facebook page. The Golden Paddy platform was launched mid-December 2016 and has grown within 5 months to a reach of more than 2 million farmers per month and users in more than 95% of all townships in Myanmar. We are now expanding our services, service levels and userbase across Myanmar and are soon launching the first wave of new markets in South-East Asia and subsequently in South Asia, East Africa and South America.
The Golden Paddy platform provides farmers with services across the following themes
- § Access to Knowledge: provides the latest, best and most specific knowledge and advice globally available for every crop, location and soil type
- § Access to Markets: provides market transparency around prices, buyers/sellers, volumes and mobile transaction and payment options
- § Access to Finance: provides transparency on financing and insurance options and mobile quotation, booking and transactions of financial products
The Golden Paddy platform provides partners and clients with services such as
- § Access to small-holder farmers’ households – including popup notifications/messages, advertisements, information/advice dissemination
- § Big-data, reports and insights – from user, usage, market, farming to earth observation data insights
- § Transactions & payments – facilitation of transactions, bookings and payments through the platform
The Golden Paddy platform provides specific and targeted content and advice to each of its users. Impact Terra’s non-profit, knowledge institute, government and other partners contribute their content and knowledge to the platform. The platform is independent and provides objective and exhaustive information and advice to its users.
Golden Paddy’s clients consist of the world’s leading agribusinesses, market research agencies, advertisement agencies, financial institutions, non-profits and government institutes.
We are defined by diverse personalities with different backgrounds, driven by a passion for connecting farmers through technology. We are from Myanmar. We have a great understanding of the culture and know exactly what these farmers need. We are from the Netherlands. We bring expertise, structure, and a network into Myanmar.
We have in-depth knowledge in setting up online ventures, we studied at agricultural and technological universities, we grew up in farming families, we are open-minded, and we want to achieve impact.
We work hard! We work as buddies, so we can learn every minute from each other. We're flexible, open and adaptive; to each other, to farmers and to our partners to create the synergy we need to realize change. We are Impact Terra.
Resume, transcripts of University grades and motivation letter can be send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without motivation letters will not be accepted.
For more information see www.impactterra.com.