We are looking for a motivated, hard-working and social Junior Agronomist to join our team!
At Impact Terra you can bring your agronomical skills into practice and grow your skills. Through our digital platform Golden Paddy Impact Terra offers farmers access to knowledge, markets and financial inclusion.
As a Junior Agronomist you will be working to further build the knowledge content that is available on our platform. Through the Golden Paddy platform millions of farmers in Myanmar will benefit from this content, getting a better understanding on good agricultural practices, water risk, pest risk and non-agricultural information.
Impact Terra is a start up, we require a flexible and responsible working attitude and require a high level of professionalism. You will be based in Yangon with regular travel within Myanmar. You will have the opportunity to go into the field once per month to directly interact with the farmers
You will be responsible for producing relevant content for farmers in Myanmar. We expect you to be an open-minded, hands-on professional that is willing to learn. You will help farmers to have access to knowledge on farming. You write articles, you know where to get agricultural information from and you work together in a team of young (agri) experts.
- Fresh graduate from Yezin university, no experience needed
- Excellent writing, reading and comprehension skills in Burmese language
- Intermediate speaking and writing skills in English language
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office, internet)
- Well organized, ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Sociable and team-player
WHY JOIN US?
- You will work in an international team with high standards of professionalism
- You will positively impact the lives of hundreds of millions of people globally in the next years
- You will be part of the development and deployment of state-of-the-art technologies and (business) models that make the world a better place
Resume, transcripts of University grades and motivation letter* can be send to email@example.com. Applications without motivation letters will not be accepted. (*describe the following: why do you like to work at Impact Terra, what attracts you to the job, why do you think you are a good candidate for this position).
Impact Terra is a fast growing agricultural, financial and big-data technology social enterprise. We offer a digital services platform for farmers and farming households.
In most developing markets agriculture contributes significantly to the economy while still being extremely inefficient. In Myanmar, around 30 million smallholder farmers are responsible for a large share of the agricultural production, yet, they rely on outdated and innefficient farming practices. Supporting smallholder farmers will lead to significant improvements in food production, the livelihoods of hundreds of millions of people and the economies of developing markets.
As Myanmar leapfrogged from no to full connectivity and 100% smartphone use within 2.5 years, we believe the infrastructure is now available to deliver a solution. Through our free digital platform Golden Paddy we support millions of farmers, retailers, and other users in their daily business and information requirements. Global trends such as increasing food demand, decreasing food production/yields and fast increasing smartphone connectivity make our model one for the future and one for significant impact.
Our vision: leverage connectivity to enable smallholder farmers to become more knowledgeable and independent
Our mission: support smallholder farmers and their households in improving their livelihoods and make food supply more secure and safe
WE CONNECT, ENGAGE, AND CREATE IMPACT.
The Golden Paddy platform provides specific and targeted content and advice to each of its users. Impact Terra’s non-profit, knowledge institute, government and other partners contribute their content and knowledge to the platform. The Golden PaddY platform is independent and provides objective and exhaustive information and advice to its users.
CONNECT. Our Golden Paddy digital platform consists of several channels, ranging from an Android app, mobile website and mobile data tools to a very popular Facebook page. We are reaching more than 2 million farmers per month and users in more than 97% of all townships in Myanmar.
ENGAGE. The Golden Paddy platform provides farmers with services across the following themes
- Knowledge: provides the latest, best and most specific knowledge and advice available globally for every crop, location and soil type
- Markets: provides market transparency around prices, buyers/sellers, volumes and mobile transaction and payment options
- Financial Inclusion: provides transparency on financing and insurance options and mobile quotation, booking and transactions of financial products
- In the near future Golden Paddy will also offer access to non-farming services, such as WASH, Health, Nutrition and Management Learnings.
IMPACT. We ensure that all our functionalities services offered on Golden Paddy are focussed on making impact for farmers. Farmers that actively use the information on the range of development subjects we provide, can become more independent and improve their livelihoods
The Golden Paddy platform provides partners and clients with services such as:
- Access to small-holder farmers – including popup notifications, advertisements, information/advice dissemination
- Big-data, reports and insights – from user, usage, market, farming to earth observation data insights
- Transactions & payments – facilitating transactions, bookings and payments through the platform
Golden Paddy’s clients consist of the world’s leading agribusinesses, market research agencies, advertisement agencies, financial institutions, non-profits and government institutes.