Opportunity to join our team as a
We are looking for a motivated, social and hard-working Junior Admin. As a Junior Admin, you will be responsible for company administration work, support the line manager in preparing accounting reports and other ad hoc tasks. You are required to pick up new skills if necessary, commit to given tasks and should be able to work on a tight schedule. Depending on performance, responsibilities will increase, and you can move into another, more senior, position.
• Type reports, letters and memos
• Answer and place telephone calls
• Assist in ensuring office logistics and the organization of events
• Assist in company administrative work, such as scanning, photocopying, and filing
• Assist in preparing accounting reports
• Support line manager on daily basis ad hoc tasks
• Contribute to team efforts by supporting other team members where needed
• Execute HR related tasks
Based on performance, responsibilities will be increased and you have the opportunity to move to a more senior position.
• Excellent writing, reading and comprehension skills in Burmese language
• Reasonable communication skills in English language
• Good computer skills (e.g. internet, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Google Drive)
• Reasonable knowledge in accounting with be bonus
• Easy learner and ability to pick up new skills as needed
• Well organized, ability to multitask and meet deadlines
• Recently graduated from a university
• Sociable and team player
WHY JOIN US?
• You will positively impact the lives of hundreds of millions of people globally in the next years
• Be part of the development and deployment of state-of-the-art technologies and (business) models that make the world a better place
• You will grow with our venture and learn at a very fast pace
• We promote our people based on performance and increase responsibilities and compensation regularly
Impact Terra is a fast growing agricultural, financial and big-data technology social enterprise. We offer a digital services platform for farmers and farming households.
In most developing markets agriculture contributes significantly to the economy while still being extremely inefficient. In Myanmar, around 30 million smallholder farmers are responsible for a large share of the agricultural production, yet, they rely on outdated and innefficient farming practices. Supporting smallholder farmers will lead to significant improvements in food production, the livelihoods of hundreds of millions of people and the economies of developing markets.
As Myanmar leapfrogged from no to full connectivity and 100% smartphone use within 2.5 years, we believe the infrastructure is now available to deliver a solution. Through our free digital platform Golden Paddy we support millions of farmers, retailers, and other users in their daily business and information requirements. Global trends such as increasing food demand, decreasing food production/yields and fast increasing smartphone connectivity make our model one for the future and one for significant impact.
Our vision: leverage connectivity to enable smallholder farmers to become more knowledgeable and independent
Our mission: support smallholder farmers and their households in improving their livelihoods and make food supply more secure and safe
WE CONNECT, ENGAGE, AND CREATE IMPACT.
The Golden Paddy platform provides specific and targeted content and advice to each of its users. Impact Terra’s non-profit, knowledge institute, government and other partners contribute their content and knowledge to the platform. The Golden PaddY platform is independent and provides objective and exhaustive information and advice to its users.
CONNECT. Our Golden Paddy digital platform consists of several channels, ranging from an Android app, mobile website and mobile data tools to a very popular Facebook page. We are reaching more than 2 million farmers per month and users in more than 97% of all townships in Myanmar.
ENGAGE. The Golden Paddy platform provides farmers with services across the following themes
- Knowledge: provides the latest, best and most specific knowledge and advice available globally for every crop, location and soil type
- Markets: provides market transparency around prices, buyers/sellers, volumes and mobile transaction and payment options
- Financial Inclusion: provides transparency on financing and insurance options and mobile quotation, booking and transactions of financial products
- In the near future Golden Paddy will also offer access to non-farming services, such as WASH, Health, Nutrition and Management Learnings.
IMPACT. We ensure that all our functionalities services offered on Golden Paddy are focussed on making impact for farmers. Farmers that actively use the information on the range of development subjects we provide, can become more independent and improve their livelihoods
The Golden Paddy platform provides partners and clients with services such as:
- Access to small-holder farmers – including popup notifications, advertisements, information/advice dissemination
- Big-data, reports and insights – from user, usage, market, farming to earth observation data insights
- Transactions & payments – facilitating transactions, bookings and payments through the platform
Golden Paddy’s clients consist of the world’s leading agribusinesses, market research agencies, advertisement agencies, financial institutions, non-profits and government institutes.
Resume, transcripts of University grades and motivation letter can be send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without motivation letters will not be accepted.
For more information see www.impactterra.com.