We are looking for a motivated, hard-working, social and structured strong Content Executive. As Content Executive you will be responsible for ensuring high quality content in Burmese language on our platform. Your tasks consist of translating content from English to Burmese and entering data and articles in Excel and in our Content Management System. You should have a passion for agribusiness and farming, a background in agribusiness is preferred. This function includes occasional traveling across Myanmar, meeting farmers in the field and uncovering problems they have in order to ensure the content is created that meets their needs, helping farmers to become more knowledgeable and independent.
- Ensuring high quality of content on our platform – according to the “Golden Paddy standard”
- Entering data and articles in Excel
- Entering data and articles in our Content Management System
- Translating English to Burmese
- Contribute to team efforts by supporting other team members where needed
- Based on performance, responsibilities can be increased
skills and experience
- Recently graduated from a university - preferably Yezin University
- Excellent writing, reading and comprehension skills in Burmese language
- Reasonable communication skills in English language
- Ability to translate accurately from English to Burmese
- Good computer skills (e.g. internet, Microsoft Office)
- Easy learner
- Well organized, ability to meet deadlines
- Team player
Why join us?
- You will positively impact the lives of hundreds of millions of people globally in the next years
- You will be part of the development and deployment of state-of-the-art technologies and (business) models that make the world a better place
- You will grow with our venture and learn at a very fast pace
- We promote our people based on performance and increase responsibilities and compensation regularly
CV and motivation letter can be send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without motivation letters will not be accepted.
Impact Terra is a fast growing agricultural, financial and big-data technology social enterprise. We offer a digital services platform for farmers and farming households.
In most developing markets agriculture contributes significantly to the economy while still being extremely inefficient. In Myanmar, around 30 million smallholder farmers are responsible for a large share of the agricultural production, yet, they rely on outdated and innefficient farming practices. Supporting smallholder farmers will lead to significant improvements in food production, the livelihoods of hundreds of millions of people and the economies of developing markets.
As Myanmar leapfrogged from no to full connectivity and 100% smartphone use within 2.5 years, we believe the infrastructure is now available to deliver a solution. Through our free digital platform Golden Paddy we support millions of farmers, retailers, and other users in their daily business and information requirements. Global trends such as increasing food demand, decreasing food production/yields and fast increasing smartphone connectivity make our model one for the future and one for significant impact.
Our vision: leverage connectivity to enable smallholder farmers to become more knowledgeable and independent
Our mission: support smallholder farmers and their households in improving their livelihoods and make food supply more secure and safe
WE CONNECT, ENGAGE, AND CREATE IMPACT.
Golden Paddy platform provides specific and targeted content and advice to each of its users. Impact Terra’s non-profit, knowledge institute, government and other partners contribute their content and knowledge to the platform. The Golden Paddy platform is independent and provides objective and exhaustive information and advice to its users.
CONNECT. Our Golden Paddy digital platform consists of several channels, ranging from an Android app, mobile website and mobile data tools to a very popular Facebook page. We are reaching more than 2 million farmers per month and users in more than 97% of all townships in Myanmar.
ENGAGE. The Golden Paddy platform provides farmers with services across the following themes
- Knowledge: provides the latest, best and most specific knowledge and advice available globally for every crop, location and soil type
- Markets: provides market transparency around prices, buyers/sellers, volumes and mobile transaction and payment options
- Financial Inclusion: provides transparency on financing and insurance options and mobile quotation, booking and transactions of financial products
- In the near future Golden Paddy will also offer access to non-farming services, such as WASH, Health, Nutrition and Management Learnings.
IMPACT. We ensure that all our functionalities services offered on Golden Paddy are focussed on making impact for farmers. Farmers that actively use the information on the range of development subjects we provide, can become more independent and improve their livelihoods
The Golden Paddy platform provides partners and clients with services such as:
- Access to small-holder farmers – including popup notifications, advertisements, information/advice dissemination
- Big-data, reports and insights – from user, usage, market, farming to earth observation data insights
- Transactions & payments – facilitating transactions, bookings and payments through the platform
Golden Paddy’s clients consist of the world’s leading agribusinesses, market research agencies, advertisement agencies, financial institutions, non-profits and government institutes.