New position available:
Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)
As a cutting-edge technology startup focusing on agriculture, a strong understanding of the needs of our (potential) users is essential. It is essential for developing our products and services, but also for our branding and marketing activities. We are looking for an experienced marketing manager with a proven track record in emerging markets, strong focus on understanding user needs and a vision for and track record in building brands and marketing strategies. Specific knowledge of Myanmar market is not required, a hunger for learning is.
This is not a 9 to 5 job; this is not going to be easy. If you are up for high risk, high return, lots of headache and a tremendous learning experience, join us!
- Develop a deep understanding of our potential users – e.g. smallholder farming families
- Build a branding strategy in line with our vision, mission and various audiences
- Create a marketing strategy detailing messaging, channels and performance tracking
- Build a strong marketing team, in HQ as well as in rural areas (e.g. field teams)
- Strategize about new creative offline campaigns and PR stunts
- Build and manage partnerships with various stakeholders
- Coordinate and inspire the marketing team to get close to our users and drive continuous feedback to our team
- Initially based in Yangon, Myanmar with regular travel in rural areas, later potentially other locations in South-East Asia
- Minimum of 5 years experience in similar roles
- Proven track record in digital and offline marketing in emerging markets
- Experience with smartphone app / digital services marketing
- Experience with digital marketing channels and offline marketing channels
- Experience in operations, supply chain/ logistics focused agriculture technology MNC or VC backed e-commerce/ agriculture technology startups is a major plus
- Strong in English language
- Strong leader able to inspire a team
- Analytical & data driven: you are great with people and equally great with numbers
- Highly motivated to quickly learn and pick up new skills
- Able to develop and self-manage projects; initiative and solution focused
WHY JOIN US?
- Positively impact the lives of hundreds of millions of people globally in the coming years
- Learn fast from a talented and driven group of local and international people
- Enjoy a steep career path with regular promotions and international opportunities
Impact Terra is a fast growing agricultural, financial and big-data technology social enterprise. We offer free digital services to smallholder farmers and agricultural/financial stakeholders through our Golden Paddy platform. Please refer to www.impactterra.com for more info.
Resume and motivation letter can be send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without motivation letters will not be accepted.